Managed by the Office of the Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost
Honorary degrees represent NC State’s highest recognition of outstanding and distinguished contributions to scholarship, creativity, leadership, and humanitarian or public service.
Professors of Distinction
This honor recognizes a current or potential tenured professor who has achieved recognition well above the criteria for the rank of professor and be considered one of the best scholars in the discipline.
Alexander Quarles Holladay Medal for Excellence
The Holladay Medal for Excellence recognizes members of the faculty whose careers have demonstrated outstanding achievement and sustained impact in research, teaching or extension and engagement.
Alumni Distinguished Undergraduate Professor Award
The Alumni Distinguished Undergraduate Professor Award is one of the most prestigious undergraduate teaching awards at NC State.
O. Max Gardner Award
This annual award is given to a member of the faculties of the University of North Carolina system who have made the greatest contribution to the welfare of the human race.
Outstanding Teacher Award
The Outstanding Teacher Award recognizes excellence in teaching at all levels and is a prerequisite for the Board of Governors Award for Excellence in Teaching and the Alumni Distinguished Undergraduate Professor Award.
Managed by Other Units
- Academy of Outstanding Faculty Engaged in Extension and Engagement
- Alumni Distinguished Graduate Professorship Award
- Chancellor’s Creating Community Awards
- Chancellor’s Innovation Fund
- Jackson Rigney International Service Award
- Outstanding Extension Service Awards
- Outstanding Global Engagement Award
- Outstanding Research Awards
- Sustainability Awards
- Undergraduate Academic Advising Awards
- Watauga Medal