Evaluation of Teaching at NC State
NC State provides a range of methods for the evaluation of teaching.
- Each department conducts periodic peer reviews of their faculty members’ teaching. Example policies and more information about the process of the Peer Review of Teaching is available here.
- Faculty may choose to have their students complete mid-semester evaluations to identify areas of strength and areas for improvement before the term concludes.
- At the end of each term, students are given the opportunity to provide feedback to faculty members via ClassEval.
- A standing Evaluation of Teaching Committee assures that practices required by the Evaluation of Teaching Regulation are appropriate and accurately reflect the needs of faculty and students.
- OFD, in conjunction with the Evaluation of Teaching Committee, has developed a document with easy tips for improving response rates on your end-of-semester evaluations.
- Please click here to view the ClassEvalFAQ: ClassEvalFAQ
Testing and Evaluation in the Biological Sciences, Commission on Undergraduate Education in the Biological Sciences, Publication Number 20 (November 1967) (Library of Congress Number 67-31130). Copyright 1967 The George Washington University.