University Faculty Scholars
Our University Faculty Scholars Program provides faculty a permanent increase to their base salary to support their academic endeavors.
Rewarding Faculty Leaders
The Provost’s Office oversees the University Faculty Scholars Program, which was established by Chancellor Randy Woodson in 2012. The program recognizes and rewards emerging academic leaders who demonstrate significant achievement.
Each year, approximately twenty tenured or tenure-track faculty scholars are identified to receive this honor. Faculty members selected as University Faculty Scholars carry the title for the duration of their faculty appointment at NC State and receive an increase to their base salary.
NC State Standouts
The Year’s Best
Since the University Faculty Scholars program began in 2012, 236 faculty have received this honor. Here’s the most recent class of scholars.
2022-23 University Faculty Scholars
- Aram Amassian, professor of materials science and engineering
- Marcelo Ardón , associate professor of forestry and environmental resources
- Yevgeny Brudno, assistant professor of biomedical engineering
- Benjamin Callahan, associate professor of population health and pathobiology
- Martha Crowley, professor of sociology and anthropology
- Xiaolin Duan, associate professor of history
- Nathan Goldman, associate professor of accounting
- Margaret Gruen, associate professor of clinical sciences
- Anders Huseth, extension specialist, assistant professor of entomology and plant pathology
- Jim Kerns, extension specialist, professor of entomology and plant pathology
- Manuel Kleiner, assistant professor of plant and microbial biology
- Erin Krupa, associate professor of STEM education
- Lincoln Larson , associate professor of parks, recreation and tourism management
- Terri Long, associate professor of plant and microbial biology
- Kurt Marsden, assistant professor of biological sciences
- Santosh Mishra, associate professor of molecular biomedical sciences
- Tien Khai Nguyen, associate professor of mathematics
- Celen Pasalar, associate professor of landscape architecture and environmental planning
- Dorith Rotenberg, professor of entomology and plant pathology
- Katherine Saul, professor of mechanical and aerospace engineering
- Nelson Vinueza, associate professor of textile engineering, chemistry and science
- Cranos Williams, Goodnight Distinguished Professor in Agricultural Analytics