University Faculty Scholars
Our University Faculty Scholars Program provides faculty a permanent increase to their base salary to support their academic endeavors.
Rewarding Faculty Leaders
The Provost’s Office oversees the University Faculty Scholars Program, which was established by Chancellor Randy Woodson in 2012. The program recognizes and rewards emerging academic leaders who demonstrate significant achievement.
Each year, approximately twenty tenured or tenure-track faculty scholars are identified to receive this honor. Faculty members selected as University Faculty Scholars carry the title for the duration of their faculty appointment at NC State and receive an increase to their base salary.
NC State Standouts
The Year’s Best
Since the University Faculty Scholars program began in 2012, 214 faculty have received this honor. Here’s the most recent class of scholars.
2021-22 University Faculty Scholars
- Erin Baker, associate professor of chemistry
- Grant Bollmer, associate professor of communication
- Matthew Bryant, associate professor of mechanical and aerospace engineering
- Sarah Carrier, professor of teacher education and learning sciences
- Ramón Collazo, associate professor of materials science and engineering
- Eduardo Corral, associate professor of English
- Michael Daniele, associate professor of electrical and computer engineering
- Veljko Dubljević, associate professor of philosophy and religious studies
- Massimo Iorizzo, associate professor of horticultural science
- Albert Keung, assistant professor of chemical and biomolecular engineering
- Ramon Leon, associate professor of crop and soil sciences
- Srdjan Lukic, professor of electrical and computer engineering
- James Mulholland, professor of English
- Michael Nolan, associate professor of clinical sciences
- William Rand, associate professor of business management
- Dominic Reisig, extension specialist and professor of entomology and plant pathology
- Traci Rider, assistant professor of architecture
- Eunkyoung Shim, assistant professor of textile engineering, chemistry and science
- Rohan Shirwaiker, associate professor of industrial and systems engineering
- Kathryn Stevenson, associate professor of parks, recreation and tourism management
- Giuseppe Valacchi, professor of animal science
- Jack Wang, assistant professor of forestry and environmental resources
- Shu Yang, associate professor of statistics