National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity Membership
Through NC State University’s institutional membership, all graduate students, postdoctoral scholars, and faculty have access to the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD), which provides professional development, training, and mentoring. The NCFDD is an independent professional development, training and mentoring community of over 71,000 graduate students, post-docs, and faculty members.
NCFDD resources are broadly applicable across academic disciplines and include a range of topics such as time management, overcoming academic perfectionism, how to develop a daily writing plan, how to write grant proposals, and more. These resources offer concrete guidance that could increase your productivity and your sense of well-being.
NC State has purchased an institutional membership, allowing all faculty members, post-doctoral scholars and graduate students to take receive the program benefits free for one year. The membership includes Core Curriculum webinars, access to multi-week courses, audio, slides and transcripts of all workshops so learning can be done at your convenience.
NCFDD Member Resources Include:
- Weekly Monday Motivator Email
- Core Curriculum Webinars
- Guest Expert Webinars and Multi-Week Courses
- Resource Library (includes past webinar materials, referrals, and readings)
- 14-Day Writing Challenges
- Buddy Matching
- Discussion Forums
How to Activate Your NC State Sponsored Membership:
- Go to the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity website (http://www.facultydiversity.org/).
- Click “Become a Member” or “Join NCFDD.”
- You will be asked if your university is an Institutional Member. Select “”North Carolina State University, Raleigh” from the dropdown box.
- On the next page, select “Activate my Membership” and follow the registration instructions.
You will receive a welcome e-mail confirming that your account is now active and you can begin fully using your new NCFDD membership.