Awards and Honors Managed by the Provost’s Office
Awards for Excellence – Provost's Unit
Winners of the Provost's Unit Awards for Excellence receive a plaque, $250 and eight hours of paid leave.
Honorary Doctoral Degrees recognize individuals whose achievements are extraordinary and have lasting distinction.
University Faculty Scholars Program
The University Faculty Scholars Program rewards approximately twenty faculty members with an increase to their base salary.
Provost's Faculty Fellows Program
The Provost’s Office also supports faculty though this program, which provides faculty with academic leadership experiences in key administrative areas.
University Internal Recognition
NC State sponsors a wide range of awards and honors managed by the Office of Faculty Development, Academic Advising Services and other units.
Managed by the Office of Faculty Development
- Overview of University Faculty Awards
- Alexander Quarles Holladay Medal for Excellence (Holladay Medal)
- Alumni Distinguished Undergraduate Professor Award (ADUP)
- Board of Governors’ Award for Excellence in Teaching (BOG)
- Outstanding Teacher Award (OT)
- Gertrude Cox Award (Cox)
- O. Max Gardner Award
- External Faculty Awards: Fulbright Scholar Program, Andrew Carnegie Fellows Program, U.S. Professors of the Year, ACC Distinguished Lecturers Program