Awards and Honors Managed by the Provost’s Office
Awards for Excellence – Provost Unit
Winners of the Provost Unit Awards for Excellence receive a plaque, $250 and eight hours of paid leave.
Professors of Distinction
Professors of distinction at NC State uphold the university’s tradition of academic excellence among faculty.
University Internal Recognition
NC State sponsors a wide range of awards and honors managed by the Office of Faculty Development, Academic Advising Services and other units.
Managed by the Office of Faculty Development
- Overview of University Faculty Awards
- Alexander Quarles Holladay Medal for Excellence (Holladay Medal)
- Alumni Distinguished Undergraduate Professor Award (ADUP)
- Board of Governors’ Award for Excellence in Teaching (BOG)
- Outstanding Teacher Award (OT)
- Gertrude Cox Award (Cox)
- Max Gardner Award
- External Faculty Awards: Fulbright Scholar Program, Andrew Carnegie Fellows Program, U.S. Professors of the Year, ACC Distinguished Lecturers Program