Notification of Program Accreditation
- Each Dean will notify the Office of the Provost of any program planning accreditation within the college/unit by September 1 of each academic year.
- Notification will include the following:
- Name of program undergoing accreditation
- Name of accreditation authority (association or agency)
- Schedule of self-study/evaluation
- Schedule of off-campus activities (when appropriate)
- Schedule of on-campus visit(s) and activities
- Outline of anticipated requests:
- Meeting dates for sessions with reviewers
- Other expectations of the Provost and/or Chancellor
- Contact name, phone number and e-mail address for responsible party in the college or unit
Representation to Accreditation Agencies
NC State is committed to providing valid information to accrediting agencies and about its accreditation status to appropriate agencies and constituents. This applies to the institution’s regional and professional accreditation and supports policies and standards of the University of North Carolina System Office.
North Carolina State University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of North Carolina State University.
Contact the Commission only in relation to the University’s compliance with accreditation requirements. Normal inquiries about admission requirements, educational programs, and financial aid should be directed to the University.
Numerous degree programs are accredited by professional, disciplinary accrediting agencies. For additional information about individual programs, standards, and accreditation documents, or off-campus instructional sites, contact the Office of the Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost.