RPT Dossier Format Requirements
Following this regulation for creation of a dossier is required.
Here’s a few practical guidelines regarding regulations and requirements for completing your dossier.
- Collection of Optional and Required Formats for Presenting Sections of the Dossier
- Dossier Checklist [Word document] created primarily for use by department and college liaisons, but faculty may find this checklist helpful as well.
- NC State’s Online Tool for Submission of Reappointment, Promotion and Tenure Dossiers (Beginning with the 2012-2013 RPT cycle, all colleges are being asked to participate.)
Regulations Related to the RPT Dossier Format (shown within the required dossier outline format)
- REG 05.20.27 – Statements of Mutual Expectations
II. TEACHING AND MENTORING OF UNDERGRADUATE AND GRADUATE STUDENTS
- REG 05.20.10 Evaluation of Teaching
- 8-31-11 Memo-Provost approves changes in ClassEval Instrument
- ClassEval: NC State’s Online Class Evaluation System
III. SCHOLARSHIP IN THE REALMS OF FACULTY RESPONSIBILITY
IV. EXTENSION AND ENGAGEMENT WITH CONSTITUENCIES OUTSIDE THE UNIVERSITY
V. TECHNOLOGICAL AND MANAGERIAL INNOVATION
VI. SERVICE TO THE UNIVERSITY AND PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
VII. EXTERNAL EVALUATIONS (this section handled by Department Head)
- REG 05.20.05 – Consultation and Written Assessments, Recommendations and Responses in RPT Review
- Required Letter for Soliciting External Evaluations
- Required Annotated Listing of External Evaluator