Search for the Senior Vice Provost for Instructional Programs Now Underway
An open search for the senior vice provost for instructional programs is now underway. As previously announced, Senior Vice Provost for Academic Strategy and Resource Management and Chief of Staff Duane Larick will be retiring effective January 1, 2022. In light of this change, the Provost’s Office will be undergoing several other organizational changes soon as the office works to further the university’s mission. The senior vice provost for instructional programs will be responsible for the academic strategy portion of Larick’s role.
Courtney Thornton, previously the Vice Provost for Strategic Planning and Institutional Effectiveness at North Carolina A&T State University and former Associate Vice Provost for Academic Personnel and Policy at NC State, will become interim senior vice provost for instructional programs, effective December 1.
This includes oversight of the following: the McKimmon Center for Extension and Continuing Education, Digital Education and Learning Technology Applications (DELTA), the Office of Assessment and Accreditation, academic program planning including new degree programs and dual degree programs, and other select universitywide academic programs including the Institute for Advanced Analytics.
The senior vice provost for instructional programs search nomination committee is chaired by Katharine Stewart, senior vice provost for faculty and academic affairs, in the Provost’s Office. The other committee members represent various constituents from across the university, including Faculty Senate, department heads, administration and student government. Committee members are:
- Mark Bernhard, Vice Provost, Continuing Education
- Fashaad Crawford, Vice Provost, Assessment and Accreditation, Provost’s Office
- Adrian Day, Assistant Vice Provost, Finance and Planning, Provost’s Office
- John Dole, Associate Dean and Director, Academic Programs, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Deveshwar Hariharan, President, Graduate Student Association
- Peter Harries, Dean, the Graduate School
- McKenzy Heavlin, Student Body President
- Akram F. Khater, Director, Khayrallah Center for Lebanese Diaspora, and Professor, Department of History, College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Tsai Lu Liu, Head and Professor, Department of Graphic and Industrial Design, College of Design
- Tamah Morant, Teaching Professor, Department of Economics, Poole College of Management, and Senator, Faculty Senate
- Donna Petherbridge, Interim Vice Provost, DELTA
- Greg Raschke, Senior Vice Provost and Director, NC State University Libraries
- Doneka Scott, Vice Chancellor and Dean, Division of Academic and Student Affairs
The nomination committee will hold its first meeting Friday, November 12, and will continue to work during the fall and spring semesters. Finalist candidate interviews and open forums will be held in late spring 2022. Stay up to date on the search by visiting the search page on the Provost’s Office website or go.ncsu.edu/svp-ip-search.
Executive Search Services in NC State’s Human Resources division will be assisting the nomination committee. Kelly Wick will be managing the search for the Provost’s Office.