Provost’s Office Announces Unit Transitions
With the beginning of the new fiscal year, the Provost’s Office has announced several leadership and administrative changes in various Provost’s Office Units. These changes were effective July 1.
Senior Vice Provost for Academic Outreach and Entrepreneurship Tom Miller stepped back from his leadership of DELTA and oversight of the McKimmon Center for Extension and Continuing Education in March in order to focus on leading NC State Entrepreneurship. As a result of this transition, the following changes were made:
- Donna Petherbridge is serving as interim vice provost for DELTA.
- Tom Miller is now senior vice provost for entrepreneurship.
- DELTA and the McKimmon Center for Extension and Continuing Education are now reporting to Senior Vice Provost for Academic Strategy and Resource Management Duane Larick in the interim.
Two Provost’s Office units have changed their names and/or structure, to better align with their current missions.
- The full name of DELTA has changed from Distance Education and Learning Technology Applications to Digital Education and Learning Technology Applications.
- The Office of Faculty Affairs and the Office of Faculty Development have merged to form the Office for Faculty Excellence.
The Provost’s Office also concluded several successful searches earlier this year, and the following leaders have stepped into their new positions.
- Deanna Dannels is now dean of the College of Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Don Hunt is the new senior vice provost for enrollment management and services.
- Rachel Levy is the executive director of the Data Science Academy.
Further restructuring of key positions in the Provost’s Office will be announced in August.