An open search for the director of the Institute for Emerging Issues (IEI) is now underway.
As previously announced, former IEI Director and Vice Provost for Outreach and Engagement Leslie Boney retired from his position at NC State effective May 1. IEI’s Senior Manager for Policy and Programs, Sarah Langer Hall, currently serves as interim director.
The IEI director search nomination committee is chaired by Senior Vice Provost and Director of Libraries Greg Raschke. Committee members are:
- Debbie Acker, Director, Shelton Leadership Center
- Ruben Carbonell, Director, Biomanufacturing Training and Education
- Jack Cecil, President and CEO, Biltmore Farms LLC
- Pat Cronin, Assistant Director for Policy and Programs, Institute for Emerging Issues
- Mark Hoversten, Dean, College of Design
- Irwin Morris, Executive Director, School of Public and International Affairs
- Julie Smith, Assistant Vice Chancellor, External Affairs, Partnerships and Economic Development
- Davina Thrash, Business Officer, Institute for Emerging Issues
- IEI National Advisory Board Member, to be determined
The nomination committee held its first meeting at the end of June and will continue to meet throughout the summer. Finalist candidate interviews and open forums will be held in the fall. Stay up to date on the search by visiting the search page on the Provost’s Office website or go.ncsu.edu/iei-search.
Executive Search Services in NC State’s Human Resources division will be assisting the nomination committee. Kelly Wick, Chief of Staff and Director of Projects and Planning will be managing the search for the Provost’s Office.