An open search for the Vice Provost for Institutional Equity and Diversity is underway. The nomination committee is chaired by Senior Associate Vice Chancellor Lisa Zapata in the Division of Academic and Student Affairs. Committee members are:
- Allen Cannedy, Director, Diversity and Multicultural Affairs, College of Veterinary Medicine
- Emma Carter, Student Body President
- Fred Hartman, Executive Director, University Relations, University Communications
- Hans Kellner, Chair of the Faculty and Professor, Department of English, College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Lisa LaBarbera-Mascote, Director, Women’s Center, Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity
- Michelle Lee, Associate Athletic Director and Senior Woman Administrator
- Allison Newhart, Vice Chancellor and General Counsel
- Dave Rainer, Associate Vice Chancellor, Environmental Health and Public Safety
- Janice Sitzes, Staff Senate Chair and Associate Director, Marketing Services, McKimmon Center for Extension and Continuing Education
- Marie Williams, Associate Vice Chancellor, Human Resources
- Saundra Williams, Chair, Chancellor’s African American Community Advisory Council
Executive Search Services in NC State’s Human Resources division will be assisting the committee. Kelly Wick will be the Office of the Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost’s liaison for this search.
The nomination committee first met on June 4 and will continue to work throughout the summer. Finalist candidates will visit campus in early fall for interviews and open forums. Stay up to date on the search via the search page on the Provost’s Office website or by visiting go.ncsu.edu/equity-diversity-search.