- Nearly 160 new faculty across 51 departments will join more than 4,200 NC State freshmen on campus this fall. This includes 10 new members of the Chancellor’s Faculty Excellence Program.
- Dr. Fashaad Crawford joins the Office of the Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost as associate vice provost for assessment and accreditation. Crawford previously served as assistant provost for accreditation, assessment and learning at Kent State University.
- Barbara H. Mulkey, PE, has been selected as director of the General H. Hugh Shelton Leadership Center following a nationwide search. Mulkey, a former North Carolina State University Board of Trustees member, retired last year from Mulkey Engineers & Consultants, which she founded in 1993.
- Dr. Linda McCabe Smith has been named vice provost for institutional equity and diversity after serving as associate chancellor for institutional diversity and Southern Illinois University Carbondale. We would like to thank Amy Circosta for serving as interim vice provost.
- The Institute for Emerging Issues is now a unit of the Provost’s Office. Dr. Richard Mahoney, director of the School of Public and International Affairs, will serve as the institute’s interim director during the search for a permanent director.
- Four new deans were appointed since the beginning of 2016. They are:
Dr. David Hinks (previously interim dean), College of Textiles
Dr. Mary Ann Danowitz (previously interim dean), College of Education
Dr. Mark Hoversten, College of Design
Dr. Annette Ranft, Poole College of Management
We are happy to have each of them on campus and are confident their strategic leadership will continue to advance our academic mission.
- Alice Warren, vice provost for continuing education at the McKimmon Center for Extension and Continuing Education, will also serve as interim vice provost for outreach and engagement in the Office of Outreach and Engagement.
- Several faculty members have been named academic department heads since the beginning of this year. They are:
Wayne Buhler, Horticultural Sciences, College of Agricultural and Life Sciences
Alina Chertock, Mathematics,
Marko Hakovirta, Forest Biomaterials, College of Natural Resources
Paul Huffman (interim), Physics, College of Sciences
Gerald LeBlanc, Biological Sciences, College of Sciences
Jay Levine (interim), Marine, Earth, and Atmospheric Sciences, College of Sciences
Adam Meade, Psychology, College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Daniel Monek, Music, Division of Academic and Student Affairs
Len Stefanski (interim), Statistics, College of Sciences
David Zonderman, History, College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- 2016-2017 University Faculty Scholars – Wednesday, Sept. 21 – http://go.ncsu.edu/oblogh
- O. Max Gardner Award – Friday, Oct. 28 – http://go.ncsu.edu/ocbmok
- Board of Governors Award for Excellence in Teaching – Friday, Nov. 11 – http://go.ncsu.edu/ocbmsr
- Alexander Quarles Holladay Medal for Excellence – Friday, Dec. 9, 2016 – http://go.ncsu.edu/ocbmve
- Outstanding Teacher Award – Monday, Dec. 19, 2016 – http://go.ncsu.edu/ocbmwl
- Alumni Distinguished Undergraduate Professor Award – Monday, Dec. 19, 2016 – http://go.ncsu.edu/ocbmxl
- Gertrude Cox Award for Innovative Excellence in Teaching and Learning with Technology – Monday, Jan. 16, 2017 – http://go.ncsu.edu/ocbmyo
Please take note of the nomination deadlines for the following awards: