Dean of the College of Sciences Finalist Interviews Announced
Four finalists for dean of the College of Sciences have been selected for on-campus interviews, which will begin the week of March 27. The finalists and their interview dates are:
- Joseph Bidwell, East Tennessee State University: March 30-31
- Carolyn Mattingly, NC State University: April 5-6
- Christine Hrycyna, Purdue University: April 11-12
- Lewis Owen, NC State University: April 17-18
Several constituent groups will have opportunities to meet with each finalist, and the entire NC State community is invited to the following open forums, which will be held on main campus with the option to participate via Zoom webinar:
- Joseph Bidwell: Thursday, March 30, 10:30 – 11:30 a.m., 126 Witherspoon (Washington Sankofa Room), and via Zoom webinar
- Carolyn Mattingly: Wednesday, April 5, 10:30 – 11:30 a.m., Talley Student Union, Room 3222, and via Zoom webinar
- Christine Hrycyna: Tuesday, April 11, 10:30 – 11:30 a.m., Talley Student Union, Room 4280, and via Zoom webinar
- Lewis Owen: Monday, April 17, 10:30 – 11:30 a.m., Talley Student Union, Room 4280, and via Zoom webinar
Each finalist will give a presentation on “Advancing the College of Sciences by Strengthening Relationships across the University and Region,” with a question and answer session to follow. The presentations will be recorded and made available upon request at the conclusion of the last finalist interview.
The finalists’ CVs and interview schedules, as well as the Go Link for each Zoom webinar, are available on the search website, which can be found here or at go.ncsu.edu/COS-search.
NC State Executive Search Services will email participants separately the date, time and location for finalist interviews. The university requests as much in-person participation as possible, but will have virtual participation available as well.