On-campus interviews for the vice provost for Continuing Education finalist candidates will begin next week. The candidate chosen for this position will be a leader with a clear vision for advancing NC State’s land-grant mission through meeting the educational needs of individuals, organizations, governmental agencies, and corporations.
The finalists are:
- James Shaeffer, Old Dominion University, Wednesday, May 1-Thursday, May 2
- Mark Bernhard, University of Southern Indiana, Thursday, May 2-Friday, May 3
- Chris LaBelle, University of New Hampshire, Sunday, May 5-Monday, May 6
NC State faculty, staff and students are invited to open forums where each candidate will speak on their vision for continuing education for the 21st century in the context of a public research university. A question and answer session will follow. The forum schedule is as follows:
- Thursday, May 2, 10:30-11:30 a.m., McKimmon Center, Room 3 (James Shaeffer)
- Friday, May 3, 10:30-11:30 a.m. McKimmon Center, Room 3 (Mark Bernhard)
- Monday, May 6, 10:30-11:30 a.m., McKimmon Center, Room 3 (Chris LaBelle)
The presentations will be recorded and will be made available upon request on May 6.