Standard Operating Procedures

Transferring Location Of Faculty Member’s Tenure Department

A request to transfer the tenure department of a faculty member may be made by a faculty member seeking a change, a Department Head, a Dean or the Provost. The position of the requestor and circumstances of the request will determine the process required, but the request must ultimately be recommended by the Dean, or Deans if multiple colleges involved, and approved by the Provost.


The variability of the circumstances requires case by case handling, therefore, please contact the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs at 513-7741 for assistance with your case.

The Department receiving the faculty member must review the record of the faculty member and all the tenured faculty, i.e., tenured Associate Professors and tenured Professors, must vote on accepting the new member.

Arrangements for salary, facilities (office space, equipment, etc.) and operating budget, as appropriate, must be determined prior to the transfer.

An approved Statement of Mutual Expectations should be developed by the faculty member and the receiving Department Head.

Upon approval, appropriate action must be entered in the Human Resources personnel system.