Responsibilities of the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid to assure NC State’s compliance.
- Monitor scholarship awards to students from recognized entities to determine which students qualify for the in-state tuition rate.
- Set appropriate residency code in the Registration and Records database to assure qualifying students are charged the correct tuition and tracked as recipients of this benefit for reporting purposes.
- Verify students’ continued eligibility for this benefit in subsequent years.
- Assure that individual students qualifying for this benefit do not receive more institutional scholarship and grant support than their total estimated costs to attend NC State.
- Provide the Chancellor with an annual report regarding the demographics and academic progress of recipients of this benefit to share with the Board of Trustees.
Criteria to qualify as a recognized entity.
- Scholarship funds must be administered by NC State or an affiliate, e.g., Park Foundation, college or university foundations.
- Recipients must be chosen by NC State or an affiliate through the normal procedures used to award financial aid.
- Funds must come from a single source if administered by an entity outside an NC State college (e.g., funds cannot be combined from separate recognized entities except for the Provost’s Academic Award).
- Funds may come from multi-sources if all funds are awarded from within an NC State college or its affiliate (e.g., funds can be combined from several College of Agriculture and Life Sciences foundations).
- Provost’s Academic Award may be included with college-based funding to qualify students for this benefit.
- No federal or state funding may be counted in qualifying students for this benefit.
- The Chancellor may issue exceptions to these criteria at his/her discretion.
Recognized Entities (updated 4-8-11)
- Park Foundation (Park Scholarships)
- Provost Academic Award, in conjunction with University Endowed Scholarship funding
- University Scholarships held in:
- NCSU Foundation, Inc.
- Endowment Fund of NCSU
- NC Agricultural Foundation, Inc.
- NC Dairy Foundation, Inc.
- NC Tobacco Foundation, Inc.
- NCSU Engineering Foundation
- NC Forestry Foundation
- Pulp & Paper Foundation, Inc.
- NCSU Physical & Mathematical Sciences Foundation, Inc.
- NC Textile Foundation
- NC Veterinary Medical Foundation, Inc.
- NCSU Alumni Association, Inc.
Responsibilities of approved entities.
- Assure that it has adequate funding available to cover all full scholarships for the current year.
- Assure that it has the financial resources to provide all full scholarships if the authorizing statute is abolished and, thus, the full cost of out-of-state scholarships must be paid by the entity.
- Assure that in the event that new state funding is not appropriated to replace the lost non-resident tuition receipts, the resulting budget shortfall will be accommodated through either additional receipts from the affiliated entities or resource reallocations coordinated through the Provost.