- Mark Bernhard Named Vice Provost for Continuing Education – 5.29.19
- On-Campus Interviews for Vice Provost for Continuing Education Announced – 4.24.19
- Update on Vice Provost for Continuing Education Search – 2.20.19
- University Leadership Searches Now Underway – 1.23.19
- Chip Futrell Named Interim Vice Provost for Continuing Education – 8.29.18
- Vice Provost for Continuing Education Alice Warren to Retire – 7.31.18
NC State seeks nominations and applications for the position of Vice Provost for Continuing Education. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with academic units across the university and college levels to provide strategic direction for NC State’s non-credit continuing education programs and offerings in alignment with the university strategic plan. This is an outstanding opportunity for a dynamic and forward-thinking executive leader to guide the future direction, promotion and advancement of Continuing Education.
- Prospectus [pdf]
Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost Warwick Arden is pleased to announce that an open search for the Vice Provost for Continuing Education is now underway. This search will be directed by Tom Miller, senior vice provost for academic outreach and entrepreneurship.
- Committee Chair: Leslie Boney, Vice Provost for Outreach and Engagement and Director, Institute for Emerging Issues
- Robert Bardon, Associate Dean of Extension and Engagement, College of Natural Resources
- A. Richard Bonanno, Director of NC State Extension and Associate Dean, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Deniz Eseryel, Associate Professor, College of Education and Chancellor’s Faculty Excellence Cluster in Digital Transformation of Education
- Jennifer Haygood, Chief of Staff and Executive Vice President, NC Community College System
- Tricia Inlow-Hatcher, Director, Osher Lifelong Learning Institute
- Phil Mintz, Associate Director, Industrial Expansion Services (IES) Operations
- Margery Overton, Vice Provost for Academic Strategy
- Jessie Sova, Assistant Vice Provost of Business Operations, Academic Outreach and Entrepreneurship
Executive Search Services in NC State’s Human Resources division will be assisting the committee. Erica Wisecup will be the Office of the Senior Vice Provost for Academic Outreach and Entrepreneurship liaison for this search.
Nomination Committee Meetings
- Charge to the committee: 1.29.19, 1:30-2 p.m., Hunt Library, Room 4103
- Mid-search review: 2.26.19, 3-4 p.m., Hunt Library, Room 4103
- Candidate selection: 3.27.19, 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Hunt Library, Room 4103
- WebEx interviews: April 11-18
Interim Vice Provost Appointment
The provost announced the appointment of Chip Futrell, director of continuing and professional education at NC State’s McKimmon Center for Extension and Continuing Education, as Interim Vice Provost for Continuing Education, effective October 1, 2018. Futrell has served in his current position since April 2013, overseeing many of the McKimmon Center’s core operations related to continuing education. In this role, he is responsible for the McKimmon Conference and Training Center, Office of Professional Development, Technology Training Solutions, Customized Contractual Education, Marketing Services, Information Technology Services, and Print Services.